Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy Pi Day

Happy Pi Day Everyone and Happy 134th Birthday Albert Einstein.

This is actually the first time we celebrate Pi Day.  I was really hoping to make a pie today but unfortunately I couldn't find the time or the right recipe.  (I did actually find a healthy pie to make but will have to wait until next year.)  I also wanted us to watch a movie about Pi or Pies.  I searched and found out there is actually a movie titled Pi but after watching the trailer found no interest in it.


Instead we decided to watch a more recent movie that came out this week, Life of Pi.  As of this writing, I find this film visually wonderful.


So what about dinner? 

Every Saturday we choose our meals for the week starting for Sunday, the next day.  This past week I didn't choose many items so most of our meals were chosen by Frances.  So when I asked her what dinner was for Thursday the 14th, she stated pizza.  Great choice, Love!

Thai Veggie Pizza
And now, dessert...

Since I didn't make anything I asked Frances that if I would buy some pie what would she like.  She's never had Key Lime Pie, so I bought a store brand pie but nonetheless it was delicious.

Key Lime Pie and Strawberries with some of the Abuelita Mexican Hot Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment