Friday, April 26, 2013

High School Class of What????

Wow, what a slow month it's been.  I think it primarily has been slow for us because we're just so excited for our family events in a just over a week.  I don't know if I've mentioned this before (I'm sure Frances has in her blog) that from 4/30/13-5/5/13 we'll be back home in the southern part of the Chicagoland area due to a wedding and a Quinceañera that weekend.

Come to think of it, I have started something new this month and am planning a few other things...

1.  I've started doing the 100 Snapshots challenge.  You can see the list here and view the pics on my Flickr page here.  I don't think they have to be in order but I choose to do it that way so as to not overwhelm myself.  Anyway, feel free to browse my other photos as well.

2. I want to start playing tennis.  I used to play when I was in high school, but since 1999 (my senior year), I haven't set foot on a tennis court.  I miss it and may start looking for others to play with after the week of May 5th, so if you're from Cincinnati and don't mind playing with a rookie, let me know.

Yours truly, top row, 4th from the left
3.  I want to vlog again.  I started vlogging over a year ago but I think I lost interest because I found myself too boring.  I've started re-watching a few vloggers and am now watching some new ones too (The ShaytardsArturo TrejoIt's Judy's Life and Jenna Marbles).  They're inspiring me to start again.  I just don't know how to go about it; I don't know whether to only post videos here or also on YouTube.

4.  Work part-time.  I recently applied for a Spanish language interpreter position here in Cincinnati to work part-time.  One reason for the part-time is to make sure that I'm a good fit for the company, not just from my point of view, but also from theirs.  Plus while keeping my current full-time position and obtaining this new part-time one, I'll be able to save up for a new laptop, a new camera, a new car, and most importantly, for our wedding.

...and did I mention a new laptop


By the way, I passed my written and oral tests for the interpreter position, so next comes orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment