Monday, April 1, 2013

Pre Mid-Life Crisis part 2... and my (non) Facebook update

We went home this Easter weekend.  Our original plan was to go last month at the end of February due to one of my niece's turning 15 but due to a couple things here and there we had to push it a month.  Now, even though we went home for "vacation" purposes, it turned out a bit different for one of us (let's leave it at that for now).

This weekend back home I noticed something:  I was a little saddened with the changes people are going through as time goes on. I understand my nieces and nephews are growing up, but then I really took notice of my brother-in-law, of how much older he's getting even though he's only 11 years older than me.  And I can understand why:  the construction industry is not so great right now; 4 kids to provide for, 1 of them celebrating her "Quince" in a month, the other in a year and a half, as well as other things.  I also noticed how my brother is suddenly had a gray-hair growth spurt.

Easter Sunday we went to Easter Mass early in the morning.  This church we went to, I used to be a part of and hadn't set foot in it for approximately 10 years.  I saw old friends who are now older and kids who became teenagers and teens who are now married with a kid or two.

That being said, it brought back the Pre Mid-Life Crisis feeling I had a few months ago (see post).  As happy as I was to see people I grew up with, it made me think of my mortality.  I'm only 31 years young but nonetheless it makes me wonder about my future.  I can only hope for the best.

----

A little update on my "no facebook" month (see post).  I was successful in not incorporating Facebook in my life, not for a week or for a month, but for the whole 40 days of Lent.  It's not much of a sacrifice but I was sucessful.  I finally logged back on yesterday and posted a pic...





...and updated my banner to what I also have here, but to be honest, I don't miss it.  I realized I can do without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment