Thursday, January 17, 2013

3 Years Together (and there's many more to come)

We've been planning for some time Date Nights and today was officially our first one although it was more of a Date Day.  Our original plan was to celebrate our 3 year anniversary which was Saturday the 12th.  Due to me having to work then we decided to do it today which was our day off together.

We began by going to the Cincinnati Library downtown.  They had the Golden Legacy event where they featured original art from 65 years of Golden Books.

The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County

We brought our little guy, Pepito



I remember this

... and this


And how could I forget the Poky Little Puppy





Afterwards we went to our lunch date.  Due to our Vegan project this month it was only obvious that we go to a Vegan Restaurant.  We decided to go to the The Loving Cafe

This was our only way in and out of the parking lot.



Choices



Looks like someone got their food first!!!



First came our appetizer of course:

Grilled Dumplings

This was my first attempt at Tofu.
 And finally our dinners:

Buffalo Wrap (don't worry, it's Gardein Strips) and Raw Pizza


Looks like my Love is hungry

Yoinks

Mmmmmmm, Buffalo Wrap

So that was our first Date Night.  We were also going to the movies to see Les Miserables but in the end it didn't happen.  But it was still a good day for us.  And I got to check off some of my Day Zero Project:  #7 Take France on a date once month, #13 Try 5 new restaurants, #27 Try 5 new foods (done).  But of course, thanks to the woman I love, we got to make some cupcakes:
Ingredients, check!

No Valentinas were used in the making
vrrrrrrr


Baby Fatz says they're almost done

A little glaze and....

Baby Fatz presents:  Vanilla Chai Cupcakes!!!!

So as you can see, it was a great day.  I'd also like to point out that I bought a little something from the library:
We just brought him in and he's already chasing cars.
  

1 comment:

  1. The cupcakes look delicious!

    I'm so jealous...the Golden book exhibit looks like it would be fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete