Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013






Happy New Year everyone!

So as the picture above says, Make it so.

After posting in November I was going back and forth as to what should I do; I want to take a picture daily, I want to do something new daily, maybe once a week, I want to write, I want to do this and that... Like so many others, I got overwhelmed with so much I want to do.  So there's two things I will definitely do daily and one I will try very hard to do:

1.  Go the gym at least twice a week (must do).

2.  Write down AT LEAST one good thing that happened each day (must do).

3.  A picture a day (try my best).

--

Today I started to make note of what has happened no matter how small and insignificant:

1.  Slept In

It's been a while but I was allowed to sleep in until 10:30 am.  Slept like a baby.





2.  Checked my weight:  211.2 lbs

Not a bad way to start the year. 

For many years my Illinois drivers license used to say 235 lbs when really I was 240 and up, until March of last year when we started changing our diet.  At the end of march I ballooned up to 255 lbs.  Not too shabby for 8 months of eating a whole lot better.

This month we shall embark on a new adventure:  Go vegan for the month of January.  Also as noted before I will start going back to the gym, at least twice a week.

3.  Tried Something New

Part of going vegan is saying Goodbye to milk.  It's OK, Rice milk you were delicious.
 

4.  Bonus

 Ran out of shower gel today, so while shopping this morning I remembered to look for my Dove gel.  Bonus!

5.  Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler

  Thanks to my future Parents-in-laws, I was finally able to buy the Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler this Christmas.  Today I decided to use it and am very happy with it.

6.  When Harry Met Sally on New Year's Day

There's a movie(s) for every holiday (season) and every January 1st this is the perfect movie.

7.  Realizing  correct dates for wedding and quinceañera

One of my nieces turns 15 this February and like all Mexican young ladies, a Quinceañera is in the works for her.  Quinceañeras celebrate a girl when she turns 15, sort of like a coming of age celebration.

When we went to visit our families this Christmas, it was brought up that her Quince would be moved from April 27th to May 4th.  Frances and I were a bit concerned due to a wedding on her family's side also on May 4th.  Fortunately today I noticed that her cousin's wedding is actually May 3rd.  Woo Hoo!

HASTA LUEGO AMIGOS

 

1 comment: