Friday, February 1, 2013

No Longer a Fan of Buttered Popcorn Smell

It's been a very successful month with our Vegan Project.  I myself am happy to experience foods that include others items aside from the norm.  I'm also very happy at my results, going from 255 lbs in March of last year, which was my heaviest, to 204.2 lbs as of this morning.

So what have I learned:

1.  Going Vegan is not easy.  It requires change.  For one the biggest challenge is converting to not only avoiding meat but also one has to give up any type of meat products such as eggs, milk, cheeses, etc.  I wouldn't exactly say what we eat is limited but we do have to adjust to other alternatives.

2.  I can't be a Vegan forever.  To be honest, I absolutely love this new change but I'm not going to change it all.  After all, I still do enjoy a nice, juicy steak.  And I think it'd be rude to deny foods all the time.  My biggest challenge would be when going back home to see our families (good thing there were no family events in January).  Plus going vegan does require giving up more than food such as watching what one wears.  Nonetheless we have decided to keep as much of this food lifestyle as long as possible with the exceptions of visiting others or date nights and so forth.

3.  I have the (will)power.  I love junk food, especially chocolates.  Now since we started this new healthier lifestyle almost a year ago I diminished a lot of fast food and candies and chips and soda.  However every once in a while I'd go to the dollar store on my breaks and get me a chocolate bar or swipe my card in the vending machine(s) at work.  However that had to stop January first being that I was afraid of breaking my promise.  It wasn't until a few days ago that I finally had the "courage" to swipe my card, but not before going on Google and looking up what's safe.  My options (at work) were limited to Skittles, Twizzlers and pretzels.  In this whole month I'm happy to say I've only had two packs of Twizzlers, spending a whopping $1.80.

I was telling Frances just a few days ago that while I eating my lunch at work there was a co-worker popping popcorn behind me.  As it kept popping and popping and as the smell got stronger I realized, "I don't like it".  I never thought I'd say that but I really disliked it.  Now I'm taking a wild guess here but I imagine it was extra butter popcorn but maybe I'm in denial and defending her and the popcorn.

Also that same day while checking the news online I saw that many people had gotten sick from meat.  It's funny what one realizes when making certain changes.

--

So a few days ago I created a small post (as well as posted on Facebook) that I'm looking for books to read so if anyone can suggest something to read, anything and any type of book, just leave me a comment so I can look for it at my local libary.

 (no that's not a misspelling.  I did that on purpose) 

No comments:

Post a Comment