Saturday, November 25, 2017

Christmas Movies

It's that time of the year, when we all gather with our family & friends and watch those holiday favorites, and I'm curious to know what your favorites are.
Christmas Movie Time
There's the holiday favorites you can't miss like A Christmas Story, Home Alone, and It's A Wonderful Life, then there's the newer ones such as Krampus and A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas.  There's also those that some consider Christmas movies even if they're not entirely to other people (I don't care what anyone says, Batman Returns IS a Christmas movie).  Whatever we prefer to watch, the important thing is to enjoy those films that bring us such joy and nostalgia.

Below are my and our (my wife and mine) top 10 favorites.  Because there are so many movies to consider, I've included others that we still watch but can skip if we end up watching others.  There's a ties in there (FINE!  This would make it a top 11).  The top 10 favorites, though, are can't miss movies for us... or at least for me.
  1. Elf - This is a must-watch.  To me, this is THE Christmas.  Typically we tend to watch it when we put up our Christmas tree but I can watch this at ANY time.
  2. It’s A Wonderful Life
  3. A Very Sunny Christmas (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - This isn't technically a movie but it's on our movie watch-list, soooo...  Plus, it was sold as a DVD separately to the other seasons.  We tend to watch this after Elf.  A VERY HILARIOUS one to watch.
  4. Love Actually - This plot-less movie is one of our favorites.  This tends to be the first, or one of the first, we watch after Thanksgiving.  There's just so much love and the different kinds of love that we experience, from our first crush to those we love at work to that one love that will never be with us.  As the Beatles said, "All you need is love.".
  5. Home Alone
  6. The Family Stone/The Holiday - We tend to watch both of these closer to Christmas day.  I love these two just the same.
  7. Serendipity - A very cheesy movie with a dumb plot but I'm a fool for this movie.
  8. Batman Returns - Like I said, THIS IS A CHRISTMAS MOVIE with my favorite superhero!
  9. Scrooged
  10. While You Were Sleeping - This is one of the first movies where I paid attention to it being set in my hometown, Chicago, and over time I grew to love watching it at Christmas time.  
Others we watch but can skip:  Krampus, A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas, Hook, Edward Scissorhands, The Family Man, Trading Places, The Santa ClauseA Christmas Story (only because it plays 24 hours each Christmas Eve/Christmas).

What about you?  What's on your watch-list?  Maybe we'll pick up a few this season.

Visit me online and on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment