Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Each year, the radio station that I work for, WOXY La Mega 97.7 FM, buys turkey dinners for families and this year I had the honor of delivering some of those turkey dinners to families.

The radio station bought 30 turkey dinners, which included a turkey, corn, mashed potatoes and bread.  Ten were given to 3 churches.  Of the 3 churches, I had a chance to go to two:  Cristo Rey Catholic Church in Florence, KY and St. Mary's Catholic Church in Dayton, OH.

At Cristo Rey I only had the chance to meet less than half of the people whose food were going to be given since that most people were working at that time.  The few people that I had the pleasure of meeting were great to meet and I'm glad that they will have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
At Cristo Rey Church in Florence, KY.
From Florence, KY I took what should've been an hour drive to Dayton, OH to St. Mary's Catholic Church.  As tired as I was after driving close to two hours, when I arrived I was more than happy to continue to lend a hand to the next church.  Once I arrived the priest, Father Ariel, asked me to help him deliver some of the dinners after a couple of families would come and pick up theirs.
Father Ariel from St. Mary's Catholic Church in Dayton, OH.

It truly was an honor to go to some of the parishioners' houses to deliver their turkey dinners.  The most beautiful thing about this experience was that they were not expecting this beautiful gesture from their church.  These wonderful people who are extremely humble.  One of the families invited us in for a drink and something to snack on (to which I was more than thankful for; that nearly two-hour drive had me famished.).  Talking to this family I find out that the patriarch of this family, Jociel, works two factory jobs and studies online; his wife also works full-time.  This is a family that truly deserved something like this and much, much more.  A true blessing to their community.
Jociel and his wife & daughter, a truly hardworking family.  A true blessing to their community.
What an honor to do this via La Mega 97.7 FM.  Not a day goes by where I'm not grateful to have this job that I love.  Now I can add one of the best experiences that I have lived through La Mega.  Hopefully this is just the beginning and I can continue to do this for a long time. 

You can see more photos at La Mega's Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment